Reason in Government is actively involved in important public policy issues at the local, state, and federal levels that affect the Santa Barbara community. We sponsor events and engage in a variety of media and other outreach activities to educate the public and community leaders on these issues, including:
- Providing a forum for distinguished speakers to address interested citizens;
- Sponsoring conferences and symposia;
- Hosting debates;
- Researching and developing policy positions on key issues;
- Publishing studies, reports, and opinion pieces; and
- Participating in community events.
Calendar of Events
For a list of upcoming events, please visit our Calendar of Events page.
In addition to sponsoring events and hosting speakers, Reason in Government publishes policy papers, studies, and reports on various topics and seeks to educate the public through media campaigns and other forms of civic engagement. See our Outreach page.